Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Dan Dan Truck!!

I think I may have a problem. I'm a little obsessed with food trucks. There's just something about them. The old school idea of the "Roach Coach", how they really don't look that safe or good, and are sometimes located in some shady-like places... that's a little exciting to me. Especially when I find some good ones, just because they aren't the high-class, frou frou restaurants that you would think would produce that kind of food.
Today I went to the Dan Dan Truck, where they were serving lunch right here in Irvine, CA. There were about 8 trucks located in this spot today and the Dan Dan Truck and the Dos Chinos Truck had the longest lines of glassy eyed foodies. I promptly threw myself in the Dan Dan line, which serves a small variety of Korean fusion fare. They do tacos, burritos, kimchi quesadillas (which I wanted, but was too stuffed to order after I ate), a bulgogi burger, and their "Dan Dan" sliders, which is what ordered: short ribs, spicy asian slaw, and spicy sauce, all stuffed in between soft Hawaiian rolls. Some of you may be wondering: But, Mary, you actually ate animal flesh?? Okay, yes, I did. And momentarily I was sad for the cow that gave it's life to produce my lunch. Then, after I bit into the sandwich, I promptly thanked that little cow for it's tasty parts. My Crohns will be pissed at me later, I'm sure of it. Call it Karma. But, I digress...

DELICIOUS!!! I mean, if that photo doesn't excite you, even just slightly, then we need to talk. I'm gonna try and hunt them down again for lunch or dinner in the near future and try that kimchi quesadillla... maybe I'll make it through the giant line at the Foodie Fest this Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

1 comment: